Well, like most people, I updated Sharepoint Foundation to SP 1. And, like most people, search immediately stopped working.
I had to do three things to get search back up and working again:
1) Install SP 1 for Search Server Express
3) Update the Search DB to the new schema. To do this:
- Open an Administrative command prompt.
- Change directory to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN
- Run PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures
I don’t know why the above command can’t be set to run automatically at the end of the installation.